Group to discuss “Women in Leadership And Ending Violence against Women”
March 21, 2013
The public is invited to a "Conversation about Women in Leadership and Violence against Women," a discussion facilitated by Gather the Women of Nevada County/ Women Waking the World from 6:30 to 8: 30 p.m. on March 27 at Valentina's Bistro & Bakery,1041 Sutton Way in Grass Valley.
Elisa Parker, co-founder of See Jane Do and Kimberly D'Urso will be reporting on their participation in the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women. Robin Milam will join Parker and D'Urso in a follow-up to One Billion Rising. The pair will lead a discussion regarding the next steps to preventing and ending violence against women in our community as well as local sex trafficking and the non-availability of rape test kits in our community.
For more information call 530-845-5943 or go to http://www.GathertheWomenNC.org or visit http://www.meetup.com/Gather-the-Women-Nevada-County.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public