Group hosts seminar on recognizing equine abuse
June 18, 2013
Equine veterinarian Dr. Scott McIntosh will be the speaker at a seminar at 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Holbrooke Hotel in Grass Valley, sponsored by the Coalition of Animal Welfare and Support. McIntosh is well known in the horse community and is donating his time and expertise.
"Nevada County Animal Control had expressed interest in having educational seminars on specific animal species," said coalition director Kathy Monteiro. "CAWS listened and responded. We hope to sponsor monthly educational seminars targeting specific breeds. The more people who know how to recognize abuse, the more it will be reported."
After the presentation by McIntosh, he will take questions from those in attendance.
"We will be inviting all of the nearby animal control agencies, the District Attorney's office (who prosecutes these cases), our CAWS members and the general public," Monteiro said. "Education and community involvement are the keys to fight animal cruelty."
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo