Group helps fight mental health stigmas
February 7, 2013
"Our Voices Matter," a group sponsored by the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County.
Members of the public are invited to share their personal experiences and learn how their mental health challenges and those of family members can help educate the greater community. The next meeting of Our Voices Matter will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. tomorrow at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley.
For more information, call 530-274-1431.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations