Group helps fight mental health stigmas
February 7, 2013
"Our Voices Matter," a group sponsored by the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County.
Members of the public are invited to share their personal experiences and learn how their mental health challenges and those of family members can help educate the greater community. The next meeting of Our Voices Matter will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. tomorrow at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley.
For more information, call 530-274-1431.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth