Group helps fight mental health stigmas
February 7, 2013
"Our Voices Matter," a group sponsored by the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County.
Members of the public are invited to share their personal experiences and learn how their mental health challenges and those of family members can help educate the greater community. The next meeting of Our Voices Matter will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. tomorrow at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley.
For more information, call 530-274-1431.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance