Group helps fight mental health stigmas
February 7, 2013
"Our Voices Matter," a group sponsored by the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County.
Members of the public are invited to share their personal experiences and learn how their mental health challenges and those of family members can help educate the greater community. The next meeting of Our Voices Matter will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. tomorrow at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley.
For more information, call 530-274-1431.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party