Group helps fight mental health stigmas
February 7, 2013
"Our Voices Matter," a group sponsored by the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, is part of an anti-stigma campaign to end discrimination against people with mental health challenges in Nevada County.
Members of the public are invited to share their personal experiences and learn how their mental health challenges and those of family members can help educate the greater community. The next meeting of Our Voices Matter will be from 1 to 2:30 p.m. tomorrow at the SPIRIT Peer Empowerment Center, 276 Gates Place in Grass Valley.
For more information, call 530-274-1431.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death