Grief counseling set for students in wake of drowning
July 17, 2013
The Nevada City School District had scheduled two counseling sessions to help its students and staff cope with the death of 12-year-old Keegan Carovich, said Board of Trustees President Michael Hill-Weld.
Carovich, a Seven Hills Middle School student, drowned recently in the South Yuba River.
To help students and staff cope with this loss, two counseling sessions have been scheduled. The first session is from 1-4 p.m. today. The second counseling session will be offered during the afternoon of Aug. 12. Both sessions will be in the Seven Hills school library.
Counseling will be provided by district and County Behavioral Health staff.
Students, parents and staff can attend either or both of these sessions.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local