Grass Valley Host Lions help create Pet Food Pantry Project
February 24, 2014
This month, the Grass Valley Host Lions Club has combined efforts with Gold Country Community Services to enhance their “Meals on Wheels” program for homebound seniors by including snacks for pets.
Along with a high-quality pet food, first-time recipients will get packets of either dog biscuits or “Kitty Crack” (dried fish) from Scraps Dog Bakery.
Some pet supplies such as flea medication and collars, as well as vet care, are available on a case-by-case basis, thanks to a generous start-up grant from the Banfield Charitable Trust Foundation. To donate or volunteer or to receive more information on this project, please contact Krista at the Grass Valley Host Lions at 530-913-7377 or call Gold Country Community Services at 530-273-4961.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows