Grass Valley Host Lions help create Pet Food Pantry Project
February 24, 2014
This month, the Grass Valley Host Lions Club has combined efforts with Gold Country Community Services to enhance their "Meals on Wheels" program for homebound seniors by including snacks for pets.
Along with a high-quality pet food, first-time recipients will get packets of either dog biscuits or "Kitty Crack" (dried fish) from Scraps Dog Bakery.
Some pet supplies such as flea medication and collars, as well as vet care, are available on a case-by-case basis, thanks to a generous start-up grant from the Banfield Charitable Trust Foundation. To donate or volunteer or to receive more information on this project, please contact Krista at the Grass Valley Host Lions at 530-913-7377 or call Gold Country Community Services at 530-273-4961.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Partners in English Language Learning seeks volunteer tutors in Nevada County
- Grass Valley shelter overrun with cats, needs families, donations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton