Grass Valley High School’s class of 1950 celebrates their 63rd reunion
September 23, 2013
The Grass Valley High School class of 1950 had its 63rd class reunion Sept. 7 at the Holbrooke Hotel in Grass Valley. Thirty-six former class members and 30 guests enjoyed reminiscing and renewing old friendships. Those traveling long distances to attend included Allen and Janice Horton from Florida; Betty Joe (Majors) and Dr. Bob Roberts from South Dakota. Others traveled from Southern California and various parts of Northern California — as far north as Susanville.
From left, the group picture of former classmates includes front row: Ann (Wells) Snyder, Gene Cole, Rosemarie (Bernal) Manning, Bonnie (Wayne) McGuire, Ramona (Carley) Bryant, Birdie (McCully) Lane, Virginia (Roberts) Imsdahl, Bud Valceschini and George Bryant.
Second row: Fred Beck, Bob Jamerson, John Berryman, Allen Horton, Ross Miller, Jay Smalridge, Don Wirta, Royce Painter, Marlene (Lane) Fowler, Laurene (Lane) Lile (hidden), Betty Jo (Majors) Roberts, Ken Cobeldick, Alma (Cosgrove) Meyer, Diane (Montre) Preston (hidden), Lillian (Kensinger) Lamb, Vera (Seghezzi) Cohen, Eleanor (Barber) Smith, David Skeahan, George Raddue, Bill Deal, Roberta (Nattress) Jefferson, Orlo Steele, Wes Cox, Joe O'Leary and Neil Robinson (hidden). Pat (Holt) Peterson attended but is not pictured here.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business