Got a truck? Deliver firewood to a senior in need
August 22, 2014
Gold Country Community Services, Inc., which provides free firewood for seniors in need, is reaching out to community members who can help deliver firewood from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 21.
The Senior Firewood Program provides firewood to roughly 150 seniors who need help to staying warm throughout the winter. Help is needed for loading, delivering and unloading wood. Volunteers will need a driver’s license and a reliable truck. Gold Country Community Services will contact clients to notify them of a delivery, as well as providing volunteers with directions and assistance in loading. Refreshments will be provided to all volunteers. For more information, call Gold Country Community Services at 530-273-4961.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers