Got a truck? Deliver firewood to a senior in need
August 22, 2014
Gold Country Community Services, Inc., which provides free firewood for seniors in need, is reaching out to community members who can help deliver firewood from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 21.
The Senior Firewood Program provides firewood to roughly 150 seniors who need help to staying warm throughout the winter. Help is needed for loading, delivering and unloading wood. Volunteers will need a driver's license and a reliable truck. Gold Country Community Services will contact clients to notify them of a delivery, as well as providing volunteers with directions and assistance in loading. Refreshments will be provided to all volunteers. For more information, call Gold Country Community Services at 530-273-4961.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison