GOP women make donation
May 5, 2014
For the third consecutive year, the Nevada County Republican Women Federated has donated $500 to the Sierra Economics and Science Foundation for the Foundation’s Merit Scholarship program, Tech Test and Tech Test Jr.
Tech Test is for graduating seniors seeking careers in science and technology, engineering and math (STEM). Tech Test Jr. is a program for eight-grade math students to encourage them to study advanced math in high school in preparation for winning future Tech Test Scholarships and seeking STEM careers.
For more information on the SESF merit scholarships programs, visit http://SESFoundation.org. The website includes a list of past winners, the awards given and all the Tech Tests given since 2007, with answers provided.
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses to host open house
The public is invited to attend an open house at 12524 Burma Road in Grass Valley from 4 to 6 p.m. on May 9, hosted by The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The building was recently reconstructed and expanded last year with all-volunteer labor and donations. In the past 13 years, Jehovah’s Witnesses has completed 25,402 such projects worldwide.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location