GOP women make donation
May 5, 2014
For the third consecutive year, the Nevada County Republican Women Federated has donated $500 to the Sierra Economics and Science Foundation for the Foundation's Merit Scholarship program, Tech Test and Tech Test Jr.
Tech Test is for graduating seniors seeking careers in science and technology, engineering and math (STEM). Tech Test Jr. is a program for eight-grade math students to encourage them to study advanced math in high school in preparation for winning future Tech Test Scholarships and seeking STEM careers.
For more information on the SESF merit scholarships programs, visit http://SESFoundation.org. The website includes a list of past winners, the awards given and all the Tech Tests given since 2007, with answers provided.
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses to host open house
The public is invited to attend an open house at 12524 Burma Road in Grass Valley from 4 to 6 p.m. on May 9, hosted by The Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. The building was recently reconstructed and expanded last year with all-volunteer labor and donations. In the past 13 years, Jehovah's Witnesses has completed 25,402 such projects worldwide.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier