GOP women donate to math and tech scholarship program
May 5, 2014
For the third consecutive year, The Nevada County Republican Women Federated have donated $500 to the Sierra Economics and Science Foundation for the Foundation's Merit Scholarship program, Tech Test and Tech Test Jr.
Tech Test is for graduating seniors seeking careers in science and technology, engineering and math (STEM). Tech Test Jr. is a program for eight grade math students, to encourage them to study advanced math in high school in preparation for winning future Tech Test Scholarships and seeking STEM careers.
For more information on the SESF merit scholarships programs, visit http://SESFoundation.org. The website includes a list of past winners, the awards given and all the Tech Test given since 2007, with answers provided. This is an excellent study aid to Tech Test 2015 participants.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance