GOP women donate to math and tech scholarship program
May 5, 2014
For the third consecutive year, The Nevada County Republican Women Federated have donated $500 to the Sierra Economics and Science Foundation for the Foundation's Merit Scholarship program, Tech Test and Tech Test Jr.
Tech Test is for graduating seniors seeking careers in science and technology, engineering and math (STEM). Tech Test Jr. is a program for eight grade math students, to encourage them to study advanced math in high school in preparation for winning future Tech Test Scholarships and seeking STEM careers.
For more information on the SESF merit scholarships programs, visit http://SESFoundation.org. The website includes a list of past winners, the awards given and all the Tech Test given since 2007, with answers provided. This is an excellent study aid to Tech Test 2015 participants.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana