Genealogical Society addresses online research
January 20, 2014
The board of directors of Nevada County Genealogical Society is announcing "Computers for Genealogy" as the topic for its 2014 study group series led by Ron and Donna Young. Over the next 10 months, the group will be covering the following subjects: computer hardware and main software programs, genealogy data websites, online library catalogs, digitized books, photography programs and scanning. Worthwhile information is increasingly appearing online, making meaningful research possible from the home computer. The Youngs will take participants step by step, showing them where and how to locate these documents to enhance their research.
The study group meets from 1 to 2:30 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the Community Room at the Madelyn Helling Library in Nevada City. Meetings are open to the public, free of charge. For information on the NCGS's study group, please contact Donna Young at 530-477-0192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo