Full-time city manager sought by Nevada City
February 11, 2014
Nevada City has released a recruitment flier in order to hire a full-time city manager. The city council previously adopted a transition plan to a full-time city manager when Measure L funding was approved by the voters in November 2012. The recruitment is expected to take approximately 90 days until a qualified candidate is identified and on board.
"Nevada City has moved forward over these past four years in stabilizing the city's finances through prudent management of expenses, and thanks to the residents for approving Measure L," Mayor Sally Harris stated.
"Our ability to return the police chief and city manager positions to full time after eliminating the furlough program last year for our employees underscores the fact that the City of Nevada City has a solid and improving financial base."
Harris further thanked David Brennan "for doing an excellent job building on Gene Albaugh's fine work in leading the city through these difficult times."
People interested in applying for the position of city manager should connect to the city's website, http://www.nevadacityca.gov, for the flier and application or contact City Hall at 530-265-2496. The closing date for applications is March 21.
For any further information regarding this press release, contact Dave Brennan, interim city manager, at 265-2496. ext. 119.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County