Fruit & Veggie Fest today at Grocery Outlet
May 16, 2013
The Network for a Healthy California, the Nevada County Department of Health and Human Services and Grocery Outlet are collaborating to host the Fruit & Veggie Fest from 1 to 4 p.m. today. Part of a statewide effort to empower families to be Champions for Change by making healthy, active living a priority, the event is designed to give shoppers the tools and tips they need to bring more fruits and vegetables into their meals and snacks.
Thanks to Grocery Outlet and General Produce, the event will include fruit and vegetable tastings and smoothies (made in a human-powered bicycle blender). There will also be tastings to show how to add fruits and veggies to water for a delicious alternative to sugary beverages. We'll be giving out recipe cards and cookbooks, as well as educational materials. A CalFresh representative will be there, as well, to answer questions about the food stamp program.
For CalFresh information, call 530-877-847-3663.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Lake Wildwood Women’s Exchange ‘closet swap’ CoRR fundraiser
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Intero Children’s Charity Fundraiser set for Saturday in Grass Valley
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hitchhiker ‘looking for trouble’