Fruit & Veggie Fest today at Grocery Outlet
May 16, 2013
The Network for a Healthy California, the Nevada County Department of Health and Human Services and Grocery Outlet are collaborating to host the Fruit & Veggie Fest from 1 to 4 p.m. today. Part of a statewide effort to empower families to be Champions for Change by making healthy, active living a priority, the event is designed to give shoppers the tools and tips they need to bring more fruits and vegetables into their meals and snacks.
Thanks to Grocery Outlet and General Produce, the event will include fruit and vegetable tastings and smoothies (made in a human-powered bicycle blender). There will also be tastings to show how to add fruits and veggies to water for a delicious alternative to sugary beverages. We'll be giving out recipe cards and cookbooks, as well as educational materials. A CalFresh representative will be there, as well, to answer questions about the food stamp program.
For CalFresh information, call 530-877-847-3663.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council