Friendship Club fundraiser at Judi’s of Nevada City
September 10, 2013
Judi's of Nevada City, a women's clothing and accessory store on Commercial Street, will be hosting a special fundraising event for The Friendship Club from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Oct. 5. The Friendship Club has been helping at-risk adolescent girls in Nevada County since 1995 with a year-round program of educational activities, emotional support and community involvement.
For the past several years, Judi Weiner, owner of Judi's, has donated proceeds from one day of shopping in her store. As part of the fundraiser, the store will be offering a 5 percent discount on all regularly priced merchandise, while donating a percentage of all sales to The Friendship Club. The doors will open at 10 a.m., and complimentary refreshments will be served throughout the day. Staff and board members from The Friendship Club will be on hand throughout the event. Judi's is at 246 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For more information, call Judi Weiner at 530-265-6710 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table