Friendship Club fundraiser at Judi’s of Nevada City
September 10, 2013
Judi's of Nevada City, a women's clothing and accessory store on Commercial Street, will be hosting a special fundraising event for The Friendship Club from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Oct. 5. The Friendship Club has been helping at-risk adolescent girls in Nevada County since 1995 with a year-round program of educational activities, emotional support and community involvement.
For the past several years, Judi Weiner, owner of Judi's, has donated proceeds from one day of shopping in her store. As part of the fundraiser, the store will be offering a 5 percent discount on all regularly priced merchandise, while donating a percentage of all sales to The Friendship Club. The doors will open at 10 a.m., and complimentary refreshments will be served throughout the day. Staff and board members from The Friendship Club will be on hand throughout the event. Judi's is at 246 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For more information, call Judi Weiner at 530-265-6710 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death