Friends of Hospice’s lighted tree in Nevada City
January 4, 2013
The lighted "Tree of Love" on the Hooper and Weaver Mortuary lawn in Nevada City is in recognition of Friends of Hospice. It is visible from Highway 49. This tree is possible through the generosity of Kay Baker and Hooper and Weaver Mortuary. In addition, Friends of Hospice now has an everlasting tree to be our Tree of Love each year.
Each light represents the life of a loved one and will be lit and sparkle brilliantly throughout the month of December. Raising funds for Hospice of the Foothills is a part of the mission. Operating funds come from membership dues, raffles at meetings, money market investments, sponsorships and lots of hard work. Friends of Hospice has no paid staff and the all-volunteer auxiliary is open to all men and women who will actively support the work of Friends. Those who are interested in joining this endeavor can call (530) 274-5121 for information.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Donations being accepted for Dr. Martin medical scholarship