Friends of Hospice’s lighted tree in Nevada City
January 4, 2013
The lighted "Tree of Love" on the Hooper and Weaver Mortuary lawn in Nevada City is in recognition of Friends of Hospice. It is visible from Highway 49. This tree is possible through the generosity of Kay Baker and Hooper and Weaver Mortuary. In addition, Friends of Hospice now has an everlasting tree to be our Tree of Love each year.
Each light represents the life of a loved one and will be lit and sparkle brilliantly throughout the month of December. Raising funds for Hospice of the Foothills is a part of the mission. Operating funds come from membership dues, raffles at meetings, money market investments, sponsorships and lots of hard work. Friends of Hospice has no paid staff and the all-volunteer auxiliary is open to all men and women who will actively support the work of Friends. Those who are interested in joining this endeavor can call (530) 274-5121 for information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations