Friends of Hospice’s lighted tree in Nevada City
January 4, 2013
The lighted "Tree of Love" on the Hooper and Weaver Mortuary lawn in Nevada City is in recognition of Friends of Hospice. It is visible from Highway 49. This tree is possible through the generosity of Kay Baker and Hooper and Weaver Mortuary. In addition, Friends of Hospice now has an everlasting tree to be our Tree of Love each year.
Each light represents the life of a loved one and will be lit and sparkle brilliantly throughout the month of December. Raising funds for Hospice of the Foothills is a part of the mission. Operating funds come from membership dues, raffles at meetings, money market investments, sponsorships and lots of hard work. Friends of Hospice has no paid staff and the all-volunteer auxiliary is open to all men and women who will actively support the work of Friends. Those who are interested in joining this endeavor can call (530) 274-5121 for information.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans