Friends of Hospice announces ‘Penny Drive’
March 5, 2013
Pat Doscher, 2013 Penny Drive chairman for Friends of Hospice, has announced the first Penny Drive of the year. Four times a year, a Penny Drive takes place at various merchant locations for two consecutive days to benefit Hospice of the Foothills. FOH members will sit at tables in front of local merchants and collect coins and monies from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 28 and 29 and will also answer questions regarding Friends of Hospice and Hospice of the Foothills. Stop by and say hello, and if you have any extra coins, please drop them in the container … it will benefit and promote the work of Hospice of the Foothills, which affirms life and promotes dignity at the end of life by providing professional, comprehensive and compassionate care to the patients, their loved ones and the community.
Table locations include B&C Hardware, CVS, Holiday Market, Raley's, Safeway (Brunswick), Save Mart, both SPDs and BriarPatch.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local