Friends of Hospice announces ‘Penny Drive’
March 5, 2013
Pat Doscher, 2013 Penny Drive chairman for Friends of Hospice, has announced the first Penny Drive of the year. Four times a year, a Penny Drive takes place at various merchant locations for two consecutive days to benefit Hospice of the Foothills. FOH members will sit at tables in front of local merchants and collect coins and monies from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 28 and 29 and will also answer questions regarding Friends of Hospice and Hospice of the Foothills. Stop by and say hello, and if you have any extra coins, please drop them in the container … it will benefit and promote the work of Hospice of the Foothills, which affirms life and promotes dignity at the end of life by providing professional, comprehensive and compassionate care to the patients, their loved ones and the community.
Table locations include B&C Hardware, CVS, Holiday Market, Raley's, Safeway (Brunswick), Save Mart, both SPDs and BriarPatch.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Craft Guild’s ‘Winterfaire’ this weekend at Nevada County Fairgrounds
- E-waste fundraiser at Union Hill School Dec. 10
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation