Friends of Hospice announces ‘Penny Drive’
March 5, 2013
Pat Doscher, 2013 Penny Drive chairman for Friends of Hospice, has announced the first Penny Drive of the year. Four times a year, a Penny Drive takes place at various merchant locations for two consecutive days to benefit Hospice of the Foothills. FOH members will sit at tables in front of local merchants and collect coins and monies from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 28 and 29 and will also answer questions regarding Friends of Hospice and Hospice of the Foothills. Stop by and say hello, and if you have any extra coins, please drop them in the container … it will benefit and promote the work of Hospice of the Foothills, which affirms life and promotes dignity at the end of life by providing professional, comprehensive and compassionate care to the patients, their loved ones and the community.
Table locations include B&C Hardware, CVS, Holiday Market, Raley's, Safeway (Brunswick), Save Mart, both SPDs and BriarPatch.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison