Free tax filing assistance available
January 10, 2013
HelpLine Senior Information and Assistance is now taking appointments for the AARP Tax Aide program. This service offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns and is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday, Feb. 4 through April 8, 2013. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline (530) 273-2273, Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to schedule an appointment. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)