Free tax filing assistance available
January 10, 2013
HelpLine Senior Information and Assistance is now taking appointments for the AARP Tax Aide program. This service offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns and is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday, Feb. 4 through April 8, 2013. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline (530) 273-2273, Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to schedule an appointment. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations