Free tax filing assistance available
January 10, 2013
HelpLine Senior Information and Assistance is now taking appointments for the AARP Tax Aide program. This service offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns and is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday, Feb. 4 through April 8, 2013. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline (530) 273-2273, Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to schedule an appointment. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Free glaucoma and vision screenings for ‘Community Involvement Day’ on July 31
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws