Free tax filing assistance available
January 10, 2013
HelpLine Senior Information and Assistance is now taking appointments for the AARP Tax Aide program. This service offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns and is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older.
The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available only on Mondays between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday, Feb. 4 through April 8, 2013. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline (530) 273-2273, Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to schedule an appointment. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- The Nevada-Placer Chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County