Free tax filing assistance available through AARP
March 19, 2013
Don't forget to file your income tax return! AARP offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns. The service is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are still available for Monday March 25, April 1 and April 8. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline from 9 a,m. to 4 p.m., Mon. through Fri. at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Directions and details on what to bring will be discussed. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom