Free tax filing assistance available through AARP
March 19, 2013
Don't forget to file your income tax return! AARP offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns. The service is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are still available for Monday March 25, April 1 and April 8. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline from 9 a,m. to 4 p.m., Mon. through Fri. at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Directions and details on what to bring will be discussed. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Flea market at Bear River High this Saturday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit