Free tax filing assistance available through AARP
March 19, 2013
Don't forget to file your income tax return! AARP offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns. The service is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are still available for Monday March 25, April 1 and April 8. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline from 9 a,m. to 4 p.m., Mon. through Fri. at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Directions and details on what to bring will be discussed. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County