Free tax filing assistance available through AARP
March 19, 2013
Don't forget to file your income tax return! AARP offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns. The service is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are still available for Monday March 25, April 1 and April 8. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline from 9 a,m. to 4 p.m., Mon. through Fri. at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Directions and details on what to bring will be discussed. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball