Free tax filing assistance available through AARP
March 19, 2013
Don't forget to file your income tax return! AARP offers free help with the preparation of 2012 Federal and State income tax returns. The service is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are still available for Monday March 25, April 1 and April 8. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call Helpline from 9 a,m. to 4 p.m., Mon. through Fri. at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. Directions and details on what to bring will be discussed. NO walk-ins will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws