Free tax filing assistance available in Grass Valley
January 15, 2014
HelpLine Senior Information and Assistance is now taking appointments for the AARP Tax-Aide program. This service offers free help with preparing federal and state income tax returns and is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., from Feb. 3 through April 7. Those interested in free tax-filing assistance must call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo