Free tax filing assistance available in Grass Valley
January 15, 2014
HelpLine Senior Information and Assistance is now taking appointments for the AARP Tax-Aide program. This service offers free help with preparing federal and state income tax returns and is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available on Mondays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., from Feb. 3 through April 7. Those interested in free tax-filing assistance must call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location