Free tax filing assistance available for seniors
March 5, 2014
HelpLine Senior Information and Assistance is now taking appointments for the AARP Tax-Aide program. This service offers free help with the preparation of federal and state income tax returns and is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available on Mondays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April 7. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball