Free tax filing assistance available for seniors
March 5, 2014
HelpLine Senior Information and Assistance is now taking appointments for the AARP Tax-Aide program. This service offers free help with the preparation of federal and state income tax returns and is available to people of all ages with middle and low income, with special attention to those 60 and older. The program is staffed by local volunteers who are IRS-trained and certified.
Appointments (be prepared to stay two hours) are available on Mondays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through April 7. Those interested in free tax filing assistance must call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to schedule an appointment. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges