Free Swap for Seniors on Saturday
January 29, 2013
Hilltop Commons Senior Community is hosting a Swap for Seniors on Saturday. This is a free community event designed to allow seniors to trade used items.
Bring items in good condition that would be of interest to seniors, including medical equipment, walkers, canes, arts and crafts, books and clothes that are in season (clothes not in season will not be accepted). Take as little or as much as you or a loved one needs.
Drop off your items between 2 and 3 p.m.. Light refreshments will be served while items are being sorted. Swapping is from 3 to 4:30 p.m., rain or shine. Leftovers will be donated to Women of Worth's ReShop.
The Swap for Seniors is in partnership with peace.love.swap and Nevada County Book Swap.
Hilltop Commons is located at 131 Eureka Street, up the hill from downtown Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- INSERVICE: U.S. Air Force Airman Trevor J. Kellogg
- Three day yard sale at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire