Free summer sack lunches available for low-income youth
June 9, 2014
The Food Bank of Nevada County is once again giving out nutritious lunches to low-income children while school is out of session.
Free summer sack lunches will be available in five different locations in Grass Valley, including Nevada Woods Apartments, Oakridge Apartments, Springhill Gardens Apartments, Glenbrook Apartments and Valley Commons Apartments. Children do not have to live at these complexes to receive a lunch.
Lunches will be distributed at Oakridge Apartments and Springhill Garden Apartments from 11:30 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday; Nevada Woods Apartments from noon to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; and Glenbrook Apartments and Valley Commons Apartments from 12:10 to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Any low-income child age 18 and under in Nevada County is eligible; they do not need to live at the apartment complexes to be able to participate in the program.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- 25th Mardi Gras parade, celebration parties on in Nevada City despite rain
- Storm expected to pick up steam, drop 5-6 inches of rain through Tuesday