Free summer sack lunches available for low-income youth
June 9, 2014
The Food Bank of Nevada County is once again giving out nutritious lunches to low-income children while school is out of session.
Free summer sack lunches will be available in five different locations in Grass Valley, including Nevada Woods Apartments, Oakridge Apartments, Springhill Gardens Apartments, Glenbrook Apartments and Valley Commons Apartments. Children do not have to live at these complexes to receive a lunch.
Lunches will be distributed at Oakridge Apartments and Springhill Garden Apartments from 11:30 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday; Nevada Woods Apartments from noon to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; and Glenbrook Apartments and Valley Commons Apartments from 12:10 to 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Any low-income child age 18 and under in Nevada County is eligible; they do not need to live at the apartment complexes to be able to participate in the program.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public