Free skin cancer screening open to the community
March 4, 2013
Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital Community Cancer Center is sponsoring a free community skin cancer screening with visual examinations by Dr. Haines Ely from 9 a.m. to noon March 23. The screenings will take place in the hospital's Cancer Center. No appointment is necessary.
Health care workers at SNMH say they are concerned for the wellness of the community. The physicians, staff and volunteers at the hospital's Community Cancer Center say that treatment of cancer goes beyond the disease.
"Community service is the mission of our Cancer Center," says Dr. David Campbell, medical director. "In addition to quality cancer treatment, we are also dedicated to preventing cancer through education and finding cancer at its earliest possible stages through awareness and screening programs."
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed