Free insurance workshops available for seniors
January 4, 2013
Free insurance workshop available for seniors
Local health insurance specialist David Unterman will be making two free presentations on health insurance options for seniors. Open to the public, these meetings are scheduled for 10 a.m. Nov. 12 and 19 at Perko's, at 1000 Plaza Drive, across from Rite Aid. All the Medicare basics will be covered.
"I hear from people who don't understand what coverage they have or who were told there was only one insurance program available here," said Unterman. "It's better if people get a good understanding of the main insurance choices."
Participants will leave the hour-long presentation with written summaries and quotes for three different plans. Coffee, other drinks and snacks will be offered. Unterman represents several major insurance companies that serve Medicare clients.
"Medicare is good coverage, and it doesn't cost much to close the gaps in it," he notes. "It's not one size fits all. We have to talk about your health and your priorities, lifestyle and travel plans, your family and finances. Then we find an insurance program that works."
Unterman is trained and licensed with Aetna, Humana, Blue Cross, Blue Shield and all the AARP/ United Healthcare programs. For information, call (530) 272-4650.
— Submitted to The Union
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local