Free insurance workshops available for seniors
January 4, 2013
Free insurance workshop available for seniors
Local health insurance specialist David Unterman will be making two free presentations on health insurance options for seniors. Open to the public, these meetings are scheduled for 10 a.m. Nov. 12 and 19 at Perko's, at 1000 Plaza Drive, across from Rite Aid. All the Medicare basics will be covered.
"I hear from people who don't understand what coverage they have or who were told there was only one insurance program available here," said Unterman. "It's better if people get a good understanding of the main insurance choices."
Participants will leave the hour-long presentation with written summaries and quotes for three different plans. Coffee, other drinks and snacks will be offered. Unterman represents several major insurance companies that serve Medicare clients.
"Medicare is good coverage, and it doesn't cost much to close the gaps in it," he notes. "It's not one size fits all. We have to talk about your health and your priorities, lifestyle and travel plans, your family and finances. Then we find an insurance program that works."
Unterman is trained and licensed with Aetna, Humana, Blue Cross, Blue Shield and all the AARP/ United Healthcare programs. For information, call (530) 272-4650.
— Submitted to The Union
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum