Free e-waste drop off Sept. 6
July 27, 2014
Proceeds from a free electronic waste drive-through drop off fundraiser will go to South Nevada County Chamber of Commerce and help the environment.
The fundraiser will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sept. 6 at 10193 Combie Road, near Lake of the Pines.
Participants will not have to get out of their car, as volunteers will be on hand to unload items.
Items acceptable for donation include monitors, televisions, desktop and notebook PCs, VCRs, stereo equipment, CDs, speakers, keyboards, mice, PDAs, digital cameras, zip drives, telephones, cell phones, printers, copiers, laser and multi-function scanners and fax machines, microwaves, small household appliances such as toasters, mixers, blenders and vacuum cleaners with the dust bag removed. Items not accepted include large household appliances (i.e. refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.), furniture, hazardous household waste including batteries, car batteries, paint, pesticides, used oil, cleaning supplies, fluorescent lightbulbs, water heaters, tires, etc.
For optimal security, CEAR, INC. shreds all computer hard drives.
For more information, call 530-268-7622.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier