Free e-waste drop off Sept. 6
July 27, 2014
Proceeds from a free electronic waste drive-through drop off fundraiser will go to South Nevada County Chamber of Commerce and help the environment.
The fundraiser will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sept. 6 at 10193 Combie Road, near Lake of the Pines.
Participants will not have to get out of their car, as volunteers will be on hand to unload items.
Items acceptable for donation include monitors, televisions, desktop and notebook PCs, VCRs, stereo equipment, CDs, speakers, keyboards, mice, PDAs, digital cameras, zip drives, telephones, cell phones, printers, copiers, laser and multi-function scanners and fax machines, microwaves, small household appliances such as toasters, mixers, blenders and vacuum cleaners with the dust bag removed. Items not accepted include large household appliances (i.e. refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.), furniture, hazardous household waste including batteries, car batteries, paint, pesticides, used oil, cleaning supplies, fluorescent lightbulbs, water heaters, tires, etc.
For optimal security, CEAR, INC. shreds all computer hard drives.
For more information, call 530-268-7622.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party