Free e-waste collection day benefits Clear Creek School
December 26, 2012
The Clear Creek PTC has partnered with CEAR to recycle all electronic waste on a free collection day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 8 in front of the Transfer Station at 14811 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. CEAR is a California-approved collector for electronic waste. They completely shred all hard drives at a security-monitored facility. This fundraiser is provided as a community outreach. Items accepted include monitors, televisions, desktops and notebook PCs, VCR's, stereo equipment, speakers, keyboards, mice, PDAs, digital cameras, zip drives, telephones, cell phones, printers, copiers, laser and multifunction scanners and fax machines, small household appliances, such as microwaves, toaster, mixers, blenders, vacuum cleaners with the dust bag removed, and air conditioners. For your security, all hard drives are completely shredded at the CEAR facility.
Not accepted are large household appliances, such as refrigerators and washers dryers, as well as furniture and hazardous household waste, including batteries, car batteries, paint, florescent light bulbs and tires.
For information regarding this event, call Kelli Anglim at (530) 432-6551.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rideout cuts to save $3 million include cutting ties with Nevada County
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Penn Valley Market owner falls prey to false internet rumor
- Hilary Hodge: Doug LaMalfa should know no seat is safe