Free e-waste collection day benefits Clear Creek School
December 26, 2012
The Clear Creek PTC has partnered with CEAR to recycle all electronic waste on a free collection day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 8 in front of the Transfer Station at 14811 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. CEAR is a California-approved collector for electronic waste. They completely shred all hard drives at a security-monitored facility. This fundraiser is provided as a community outreach. Items accepted include monitors, televisions, desktops and notebook PCs, VCR's, stereo equipment, speakers, keyboards, mice, PDAs, digital cameras, zip drives, telephones, cell phones, printers, copiers, laser and multifunction scanners and fax machines, small household appliances, such as microwaves, toaster, mixers, blenders, vacuum cleaners with the dust bag removed, and air conditioners. For your security, all hard drives are completely shredded at the CEAR facility.
Not accepted are large household appliances, such as refrigerators and washers dryers, as well as furniture and hazardous household waste, including batteries, car batteries, paint, florescent light bulbs and tires.
For information regarding this event, call Kelli Anglim at (530) 432-6551.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor