Free e-waste collection day benefits Clear Creek School
December 26, 2012
The Clear Creek PTC has partnered with CEAR to recycle all electronic waste on a free collection day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 8 in front of the Transfer Station at 14811 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley. CEAR is a California-approved collector for electronic waste. They completely shred all hard drives at a security-monitored facility. This fundraiser is provided as a community outreach. Items accepted include monitors, televisions, desktops and notebook PCs, VCR's, stereo equipment, speakers, keyboards, mice, PDAs, digital cameras, zip drives, telephones, cell phones, printers, copiers, laser and multifunction scanners and fax machines, small household appliances, such as microwaves, toaster, mixers, blenders, vacuum cleaners with the dust bag removed, and air conditioners. For your security, all hard drives are completely shredded at the CEAR facility.
Not accepted are large household appliances, such as refrigerators and washers dryers, as well as furniture and hazardous household waste, including batteries, car batteries, paint, florescent light bulbs and tires.
For information regarding this event, call Kelli Anglim at (530) 432-6551.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck