Free assistance is available to all Medicare beneficiaries
September 23, 2013
Free assistance is available to all Medicare beneficiaries during Medicare's upcoming Annual Election Period, which starts October 15 and ends December 7. The Annual Election Period (AEP), also called Open Enrollment, is when people with Medicare can join, disenroll from, or change a Part D drug plan or Medicare Advantage plan, with changes taking effect January 1, 2014. It's advised that people to re-evaluate their Medicare plans during the AEP, since drug formularies, premiums, and other out-of-pocket costs can change every year.
HICAP is a nonprofit organization that provides free, unbiased, one-on-one counseling to Medicare beneficiaries. Anyone who would like advice or assistance with changing or joining a Part D or Medicare Advantage plan should call now to schedule an appointment during the AEP. Beneficiaries are encouraged to bring with them a list of their prescription drugs, including dosage and frequency.
For a free HICAP appointment, please call the Helpline office at 530-273-2273. People who are turning 65 or are new to Medicare, or anyone needing assistance with other Medicare issues are welcome to make an appointment any time during the year. Counseling sites are located in Grass Valley and Truckee.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death