Free airplane rides for youngsters
July 10, 2014
Young people between the ages of 8 and 17 are eligible for a free ride in a small airplane through the local Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA Chapter 1175). Rides will be offered from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, July 19 at the Nevada County Airport. The flights are part of the EAA Young Eagles program designed to spark interest in aviation among young people.
Interested parties can meet at the John Bauer Avenue terminal to register and be assigned a pilot and airplane. Young people must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to register. No pre-registration is required, just show up. For more information about the Young Eagles Program, visit http://youngeagles.org and click on EAA Young Eagles. For more information, contact Paul Bevelhymer at 530-273-2456.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location