Free airplane rides for youngsters
July 10, 2014
Young people between the ages of 8 and 17 are eligible for a free ride in a small airplane through the local Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA Chapter 1175). Rides will be offered from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, July 19 at the Nevada County Airport. The flights are part of the EAA Young Eagles program designed to spark interest in aviation among young people.
Interested parties can meet at the John Bauer Avenue terminal to register and be assigned a pilot and airplane. Young people must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to register. No pre-registration is required, just show up. For more information about the Young Eagles Program, visit http://youngeagles.org and click on EAA Young Eagles. For more information, contact Paul Bevelhymer at 530-273-2456.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Grocery Outlet raises the bar in helping the hungry in Nevada County
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants