Free airplane rides for youngsters
July 10, 2014
Young people between the ages of 8 and 17 are eligible for a free ride in a small airplane through the local Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA Chapter 1175). Rides will be offered from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, July 19 at the Nevada County Airport. The flights are part of the EAA Young Eagles program designed to spark interest in aviation among young people.
Interested parties can meet at the John Bauer Avenue terminal to register and be assigned a pilot and airplane. Young people must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to register. No pre-registration is required, just show up. For more information about the Young Eagles Program, visit http://youngeagles.org and click on EAA Young Eagles. For more information, contact Paul Bevelhymer at 530-273-2456.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball