Forum to discuss progressive Christianity,economic justice
September 26, 2013
On Tuesday, the First Tuesday Educational Forum will present "Progressive Christianity and Economic Justice."
Guest Speaker Sharon Delgado is an ordained United Methodist minister, speaker, author and founder of Earth Justice Ministries. She has been advocating for peace, justice and the environment for over 35 years.
She speaks at spiritual communities and before secular audiences on issues related to peacemaking, drone warfare, climate change, social and environmental justice and alternatives to corporate-dominated globalization.
She is author of "Shaking the Gates of Hell: Faith-Led Resistance to Corporate Globalization" (Fortress Press, 2007), which issues a call to people of faith and conscience to join the struggle for a peaceful, just and sustainable world.
The forum is scheduled from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday in the basement room of the Nevada City Veterans Hall, 415 N. Pine St.. For further information, contact Jim Firth, Chair, NCDCC at 530-477-1804 or visit the http://www.nevadacountydemocrats.com. This seminar is sponsored by the Nevada County Democrats.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death