Forum to address feasibility of local biomass facility
April 29, 2013
Steve Eubanks will be discussing the potential benefits to Nevada County of a biomass facility at the Nevada County Democrats' First Tuesday Education Forum. The talk will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. May 7 in the basement room of the Nevada City Vets Hall at 415 N. Pine St.
A biomass task force has been operating in Western Nevada County for three years. Its interest has been to pursue development of a facility that can use woody biomass from fire hazard reduction projects, other forest management projects and miscellaneous sources like power line clearing, roadside brushing and the like to produce energy.
A stage has been reached where the next critical step is completion of a biomass feasibility assessment. Such an assessment will provide essential information, including determining the amount of woody biomass that is available on a fully sustainable basis, studying, comparing and rating potential sites for a biomass facility and determining basic economic feasibility of biomass utilization technologies that fit the types of biomass available in our area.
For information, contact NCDCC Chair Jim Firth at 530-477-1804 or visit http://nevadacountydemocrats.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public