Former deputy DA arrested
July 17, 2013
Former Nevada County Deputy District Attorney Ken Tribby was arrested Saturday night in a domestic violence incident.
Tribby, who retired from the DA's office, is the court-appointed public defender representing Gold Country Lenders CEO Phil Lester in a high-profile fraud case.
Nevada County Sheriff's deputies were called to Tribby's residence by his wife at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday, according to dispatch reports.
Alcohol was involved in the dispute, according to Sheriff's Lt. Steve Tripp. The two reportedly began arguing over family matters and Tribby's wife slapped him in the face, Tripp said. Tribby then struck her in the side of the head, knocking her to the ground and reportedly rupturing her eardrum, Tripp said.
She was "extremely drunk" and not completely cooperative, and refused medical treatment, Tripp said. Tribby was arrested on suspicion of spousal abuse because of the reported injury, booked and released on $750 bail.
According to Tripp, the case was referred to the DA's office.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed