Former deputy DA arrested
July 17, 2013
Former Nevada County Deputy District Attorney Ken Tribby was arrested Saturday night in a domestic violence incident.
Tribby, who retired from the DA's office, is the court-appointed public defender representing Gold Country Lenders CEO Phil Lester in a high-profile fraud case.
Nevada County Sheriff's deputies were called to Tribby's residence by his wife at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday, according to dispatch reports.
Alcohol was involved in the dispute, according to Sheriff's Lt. Steve Tripp. The two reportedly began arguing over family matters and Tribby's wife slapped him in the face, Tripp said. Tribby then struck her in the side of the head, knocking her to the ground and reportedly rupturing her eardrum, Tripp said.
She was "extremely drunk" and not completely cooperative, and refused medical treatment, Tripp said. Tribby was arrested on suspicion of spousal abuse because of the reported injury, booked and released on $750 bail.
According to Tripp, the case was referred to the DA's office.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair