Food, blanket drive this Saturday
October 17, 2013
A canned food and blanket drive will be between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday at Scotten Elementary School in Grass Valley. The event is organized by the Moyer family, who lost their newborn son, Ziggy, in July due to a rare chromosome disorder.
In appreciation of the outpouring of support and eager to give back to the community, the Moyers will host a nonperishable food drive to benefit the Food Bank of Nevada County and a blanket donation to benefit the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the University of California, Davis. Also appreciated are baby blankets, receiving blankets and preemie-sized "onesies." Donations will be taken near the gymnasium at Scotten School, 10821 Squirrel Creek Road, in Grass Valley. For more information, contact Allison Moyer at 530-913-3850.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier