Food, blanket drive this Saturday
October 17, 2013
A canned food and blanket drive will be between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday at Scotten Elementary School in Grass Valley. The event is organized by the Moyer family, who lost their newborn son, Ziggy, in July due to a rare chromosome disorder.
In appreciation of the outpouring of support and eager to give back to the community, the Moyers will host a nonperishable food drive to benefit the Food Bank of Nevada County and a blanket donation to benefit the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the University of California, Davis. Also appreciated are baby blankets, receiving blankets and preemie-sized "onesies." Donations will be taken near the gymnasium at Scotten School, 10821 Squirrel Creek Road, in Grass Valley. For more information, contact Allison Moyer at 530-913-3850.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- 25th Mardi Gras parade, celebration parties on in Nevada City despite rain
- Storm expected to pick up steam, drop 5-6 inches of rain through Tuesday