Flag retiring ceremony and drop off locations
August 18, 2014
Boy Scout Troop 855 will be respectfully and properly retiring flags on Sept. 6 at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. This honorable event takes place annually during the Roamin' Angels Classic Car Show. The flag retirement ceremony is open to the public. It takes place in the camping area behind the fairgrounds around 8:30 p.m.
Five drop off locations are available for American flags that have seen their "glory days." Other flags, such as state flags, may also be dropped off for retirement,.
Flags may be dropped off at the following location prior to Sept. 4:
Bank of America, 804 Sutton Way, Grass Valley or 134 S. Church St., Grass Valley.
Tri-Counties Bank, 709 Sutton Way, Grass Valley or 305 Neal St., Grass Valley.
The Union Newspaper, 464 Sutton Way, Grass Valley.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier