Flag retiring ceremony and drop off locations
August 18, 2014
Boy Scout Troop 855 will be respectfully and properly retiring flags on Sept. 6 at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. This honorable event takes place annually during the Roamin' Angels Classic Car Show. The flag retirement ceremony is open to the public. It takes place in the camping area behind the fairgrounds around 8:30 p.m.
Five drop off locations are available for American flags that have seen their "glory days." Other flags, such as state flags, may also be dropped off for retirement,.
Flags may be dropped off at the following location prior to Sept. 4:
Bank of America, 804 Sutton Way, Grass Valley or 134 S. Church St., Grass Valley.
Tri-Counties Bank, 709 Sutton Way, Grass Valley or 305 Neal St., Grass Valley.
The Union Newspaper, 464 Sutton Way, Grass Valley.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana