‘Fire&Steel Festival’ set for Saturday
June 11, 2013
Fire&Steel, an annual fire arts and music festival, will be from noon to 2 a.m. on Saturday in downtown Colfax.
Often referred to as a mini Burning Man, this year's event will feature seven live bands, nine DJ's, 35 Burning Man theme camps, 14 art cars and 60 vendors.
A Burner/Art Car Parade will proceed through downtown, which will include 40 fire performers and spinners. The event has been deemed family friendly. Admission is $15 for those in costume or "playa wear or $20 for those in regular street clothes. Children 10 and under (or 65 and older) are free (if in costume) or $5 in street clothes.
Website info, pictures, details and video at http://www.tinyurl.com/2013fire.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo