Firefighters fight car, vegetation fires in Nevada County
June 6, 2013
A vehicle fire sparked a vegetation fire off Highway 20 Wednesday morning but was quickly extinguished.
Firefighters from Nevada County Consolidated, Nevada City and Grass Valley were dispatched, along with a response from Cal Fire, to a vehicle fire with reported exposure to vegetation at about 8:45 a.m. A Cal Fire division chief in the area arrived to find a vehicle fully engulfed in flames, pulling a trailer with another vehicle. A small spot of vegetation, along with the vehicles on fire, was extinguished by Nevada County Consolidated and Nevada City firefighters. Sierra Nevada Medics responded to the incident to assist a civilian patient exposed to smoke. The California Highway Patrol and Sheriff's deputies also were at the scene. Highway 20 was closed for 15 minutes while crews fully extinguished the fire.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball