Firefighters fight car, vegetation fires in Nevada County
June 6, 2013
A vehicle fire sparked a vegetation fire off Highway 20 Wednesday morning but was quickly extinguished.
Firefighters from Nevada County Consolidated, Nevada City and Grass Valley were dispatched, along with a response from Cal Fire, to a vehicle fire with reported exposure to vegetation at about 8:45 a.m. A Cal Fire division chief in the area arrived to find a vehicle fully engulfed in flames, pulling a trailer with another vehicle. A small spot of vegetation, along with the vehicles on fire, was extinguished by Nevada County Consolidated and Nevada City firefighters. Sierra Nevada Medics responded to the incident to assist a civilian patient exposed to smoke. The California Highway Patrol and Sheriff's deputies also were at the scene. Highway 20 was closed for 15 minutes while crews fully extinguished the fire.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Sierra Nevada Canoe and Kayak Club open to new members
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Collision on Highway 49 near Alta Sierra Drive injures 2, ties up traffic all day Friday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations