Firefighters fight car, vegetation fires in Nevada County
June 6, 2013
A vehicle fire sparked a vegetation fire off Highway 20 Wednesday morning but was quickly extinguished.
Firefighters from Nevada County Consolidated, Nevada City and Grass Valley were dispatched, along with a response from Cal Fire, to a vehicle fire with reported exposure to vegetation at about 8:45 a.m. A Cal Fire division chief in the area arrived to find a vehicle fully engulfed in flames, pulling a trailer with another vehicle. A small spot of vegetation, along with the vehicles on fire, was extinguished by Nevada County Consolidated and Nevada City firefighters. Sierra Nevada Medics responded to the incident to assist a civilian patient exposed to smoke. The California Highway Patrol and Sheriff's deputies also were at the scene. Highway 20 was closed for 15 minutes while crews fully extinguished the fire.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)