Final two sessions for alternative energy forum
April 24, 2013
Alternative energy will be the focus of the two concluding sessions of the community forum, "America's Energy Revolution: Can We Afford It?"
On May 1, Joshua Lichterman, director of APPLE (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy), will discuss the Nevada City nonprofit's efforts to move western Nevada County to energy independence.
On May 8, Suzette Pool, who heads business development for Plan It Solar, will present the benefits of residential and commercial solar power and discuss how it reduces utility costs while using a natural, sustainable source of energy — the sun! She also will talk about financing, leasing and the Grass Valley company's zero-down programs.
Each session starts at 9:15 a.m., lasts 90 minutes and includes a question-and-answer period. Coffee and baked goods will be served at 9 a.m. Sessions will be held in the Fellowship Hall of Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., near downtown Grass Valley.
For more information, contact organizer David Baker at 530-432-8935.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death