Final two sessions for alternative energy forum
April 24, 2013
Alternative energy will be the focus of the two concluding sessions of the community forum, "America's Energy Revolution: Can We Afford It?"
On May 1, Joshua Lichterman, director of APPLE (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy), will discuss the Nevada City nonprofit's efforts to move western Nevada County to energy independence.
On May 8, Suzette Pool, who heads business development for Plan It Solar, will present the benefits of residential and commercial solar power and discuss how it reduces utility costs while using a natural, sustainable source of energy — the sun! She also will talk about financing, leasing and the Grass Valley company's zero-down programs.
Each session starts at 9:15 a.m., lasts 90 minutes and includes a question-and-answer period. Coffee and baked goods will be served at 9 a.m. Sessions will be held in the Fellowship Hall of Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., near downtown Grass Valley.
For more information, contact organizer David Baker at 530-432-8935.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth