Final two sessions for alternative energy forum
April 24, 2013
Alternative energy will be the focus of the two concluding sessions of the community forum, "America's Energy Revolution: Can We Afford It?"
On May 1, Joshua Lichterman, director of APPLE (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy), will discuss the Nevada City nonprofit's efforts to move western Nevada County to energy independence.
On May 8, Suzette Pool, who heads business development for Plan It Solar, will present the benefits of residential and commercial solar power and discuss how it reduces utility costs while using a natural, sustainable source of energy — the sun! She also will talk about financing, leasing and the Grass Valley company's zero-down programs.
Each session starts at 9:15 a.m., lasts 90 minutes and includes a question-and-answer period. Coffee and baked goods will be served at 9 a.m. Sessions will be held in the Fellowship Hall of Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., near downtown Grass Valley.
For more information, contact organizer David Baker at 530-432-8935.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws