Final two sessions for alternative energy forum
April 24, 2013
Alternative energy will be the focus of the two concluding sessions of the community forum, “America’s Energy Revolution: Can We Afford It?”
On May 1, Joshua Lichterman, director of APPLE (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy), will discuss the Nevada City nonprofit’s efforts to move western Nevada County to energy independence.
On May 8, Suzette Pool, who heads business development for Plan It Solar, will present the benefits of residential and commercial solar power and discuss how it reduces utility costs while using a natural, sustainable source of energy — the sun! She also will talk about financing, leasing and the Grass Valley company’s zero-down programs.
Each session starts at 9:15 a.m., lasts 90 minutes and includes a question-and-answer period. Coffee and baked goods will be served at 9 a.m. Sessions will be held in the Fellowship Hall of Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., near downtown Grass Valley.
For more information, contact organizer David Baker at 530-432-8935.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location