Farmers’ market coupons for seniors
June 9, 2014
Gold Country Community Services' High Noon Senior Nutrition Program is happy to announce that farmers' market coupon books are now available to eligible seniors.
Coupon books will be distributed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.; other times may be possible by appointment. The coupon books will be distributed at the GCCS High Noon Senior Café, located in the Nevada City Senior Apartments at 841 Old Tunnel Road in Grass Valley. The books will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
Each coupon book is worth $20 and can be used at most local farmers markets at vendors displaying signs that state "Farmers Market Checks Welcome."
To be eligible to receive a Farmer's Market Coupon Book, individuals must be at least 60 years of age and have a monthly income no greater than $1,772 for an individual or $2392 per couple.
The Senior Farmers Market Program is sponsored by the California Department of Agriculture and helps provide seniors with better access to fresh produce while supporting local farmers.
For more information, call the Gold Country Community Services at 530-273-4961.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison