Farm and Garden forum tonight in Rough and Ready
March 19, 2013
A networking forum for gardeners and farmers is scheduled for 7 p.m. today at the Rough and Ready Grange. The topic will be "Filling in the Gaps for Local Food Availability," which includes strategies to develop food self-sufficient neighborhoods with increasing income opportunities for food producers.
Brainstorming will include learning what is grown and available for trade in the immediate area, new ways to market locally, creating networks for sharing, trading, bartering and purchasing and assessing availability of farm equipment and heavy machinery.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County