Farm and Garden forum tonight in Rough and Ready
March 19, 2013
A networking forum for gardeners and farmers is scheduled for 7 p.m. today at the Rough and Ready Grange. The topic will be "Filling in the Gaps for Local Food Availability," which includes strategies to develop food self-sufficient neighborhoods with increasing income opportunities for food producers.
Brainstorming will include learning what is grown and available for trade in the immediate area, new ways to market locally, creating networks for sharing, trading, bartering and purchasing and assessing availability of farm equipment and heavy machinery.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck