Farm and Garden forum tonight in Rough and Ready
March 19, 2013
A networking forum for gardeners and farmers is scheduled for 7 p.m. today at the Rough and Ready Grange. The topic will be "Filling in the Gaps for Local Food Availability," which includes strategies to develop food self-sufficient neighborhoods with increasing income opportunities for food producers.
Brainstorming will include learning what is grown and available for trade in the immediate area, new ways to market locally, creating networks for sharing, trading, bartering and purchasing and assessing availability of farm equipment and heavy machinery.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rideout cuts to save $3 million include cutting ties with Nevada County
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Penn Valley Market owner falls prey to false internet rumor
- Hilary Hodge: Doug LaMalfa should know no seat is safe