Fairgrounds, HOPE team up at Country Christmas Faire
December 26, 2012
The Nevada County Fairgrounds and Helping Other People Eat are teaming up to help feed those in need in Nevada County.
Bring a can of food (or two or three) to the Country Christmas Faire Nov. 25, and the fairgrounds will give you a coupon for $1 off general admission to the Christmas Faire on that day (one coupon per person). Volunteers from HOPE will collect the cans from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Gates 1, 3 and 5.
The Country Christmas Faire is happening Thanksgiving weekend, Nov. 23-25, at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Cost is $4, and free to children younger than 12. Parking is $5; however, faire-goers will receive one free admission for each paid parking pass. For information, visit http://www.NevadaCountyFair.com or call (530) 273-6217.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana