Fairgrounds, HOPE team up at Country Christmas Faire
December 26, 2012
The Nevada County Fairgrounds and Helping Other People Eat are teaming up to help feed those in need in Nevada County.
Bring a can of food (or two or three) to the Country Christmas Faire Nov. 25, and the fairgrounds will give you a coupon for $1 off general admission to the Christmas Faire on that day (one coupon per person). Volunteers from HOPE will collect the cans from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Gates 1, 3 and 5.
The Country Christmas Faire is happening Thanksgiving weekend, Nov. 23-25, at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Cost is $4, and free to children younger than 12. Parking is $5; however, faire-goers will receive one free admission for each paid parking pass. For information, visit http://www.NevadaCountyFair.com or call (530) 273-6217.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth