“Evening Out’ to benefit United Way of Nevada County
June 19, 2013
United Way of Nevada County is holding a fundraiser, "Evening Out," from 5-8 p.m. tonight at The Owl Grill & Saloon. The Owl Grill & Saloon is located at 134 Mill St. in Grass Valley. The owner, Steve Graham, has pledged 25 percent of the proceeds of diners who bring in a special coupon to United Way of Nevada County's and its 20 local non-profit partner agencies.
This year's United Way community impact areas are education, income and health. In the impact area of education, they are helping children and adults achieve their potential through education and mentoring programs. In the impact area of Income, they are helping families and seniors become financially stable and independent by supporting basic needs. Through the impact area of health, they are improving people's health by increasing access to critical healthcare services, reducing substance abuse, child abuse, and domestic violence. United Way is creating opportunities by focusing on these three building blocks for a good life.
United Way encourages you to savor some wonderful food and help the community. Call 530-274-1144 to make a reservation. The coupons are available for printing on United Way's website at http://www.uwnc.org.
For more information, call United Way at 530-274-8111.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier