Eula hits 100
November 12, 2013
Eula Absher of Grass Valley celebrated 100 years Oct. 20 with a birthday party given by her son, Kenneth Absher, and his wife, Darlene. Eula's friends from bowling, bingo and her group Reno bus trips helped her celebrate, plus two granddaughters, Deanna (Kirk) McGuire and Teresa (Dean) Marsh and seven great-grandchildren, Deena, Drew, Megan, Mason McGuire and Garet, Caleb, Mya Marsh. Eula was a very active bowler up until the age of 98 and is known for her beautiful crochet work and love for her two favorite sports teams, the Kings and the Giants.
Above, Eula is pictured with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom