Entries open for Nevada City’s Constitution Day Parade
August 21, 2013
Parade entries are now being accepted for this year's 47th annual Constitution Day Parade in historic downtown Nevada City.
The parade is open to everyone with no entry fee, and is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 8. Theme for this year's event is "Foundations of Freedom."
"It's going to be a good parade and we're inviting everyone to come out, celebrate the Constitution and have a good time," said parade chairman Tim Brown. "We encourage people to enter early but we'll take entries up to the day of the parade."
Entry application forms may be obtained from the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, 132 Main St. (530-265-2692). Forms also can be downloaded from the chamber's website at http://www.nevadacitychamber.com. For parade details, call Brown at 530-477-1643.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)