Entries open for Nevada City’s Constitution Day Parade
August 21, 2013
Parade entries are now being accepted for this year's 47th annual Constitution Day Parade in historic downtown Nevada City.
The parade is open to everyone with no entry fee, and is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 8. Theme for this year's event is "Foundations of Freedom."
"It's going to be a good parade and we're inviting everyone to come out, celebrate the Constitution and have a good time," said parade chairman Tim Brown. "We encourage people to enter early but we'll take entries up to the day of the parade."
Entry application forms may be obtained from the Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, 132 Main St. (530-265-2692). Forms also can be downloaded from the chamber's website at http://www.nevadacitychamber.com. For parade details, call Brown at 530-477-1643.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball