Emergency needs and holiday programs the focus of Community Support Network Meeting
October 30, 2013
The Community Support Network of Nevada County meets to collaborate, learn about and support families in our community. For its next meeting on Nov. 6, the group will focus on emergency needs and holiday programs for those in need. Community members are encouraged to attend and learn about the opportunities available to our community from speakers representing The Salvation Army, Family Resource Centers, KARE Crisis Nursery, Interfaith Food Ministry of Nevada County, the Nevada County Food Bank, 211 Nevada County, Sierra Nevada Children's Services, Nevada County Housing Programs and The Karing Closet.
The meeting will be from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the Madelyn Helling Library's Community Room in Nevada City.
Child care may be pre-arranged by contacting Cindy Santa Cruz Reed of CoRR at 530-273-9541, ext. 221. CSN meetings are open to the public.
There will be no December meeting, but mark your calendar for Jan. 8, when the meeting focus will be Community Trends and Prevention Measures: Law Enforcement's Perspective. For more information, contact CSN Coordinator Paula Roediger at 530-913-0270.
The Community Support Network of Nevada County is an inclusive, voluntary association of agencies and individuals from the Nevada County community who share a common mission: That all families in Nevada County have ready access to a well-integrated and coordinated support network that is easily available and well funded. To learn more about the Community Support Network, visit csnnc.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws