Elks donate patio furniture to Hospice of the Foothills
July 29, 2014
Hospice of the Foothills was able to add shaded and comfortable outdoor seating for patients and families, thanks to the help of Elks Lodge #518 in Nevada City. Eligible for an annual grant through the Elks National Foundation, this year the Elks Lodge chose Hospice of the Foothills as a co-recipient. Mike Blanton spearheaded the grant application process and worked jointly with Hospice of the Foothills to determine how to use the grant to best benefit patients and families.
Hospice of the Foothills is a 501(c) (3) non-profit community-supported healthcare organization that has provided end-of-life hospice and palliative care to patients and families in western Nevada County and surrounding communities for 35 years. For more information about programs and services, or to make an online donation, visit their website at http://www.hofo.org or call 530-272-5739.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death