Elks donate patio furniture to Hospice of the Foothills
July 29, 2014
Hospice of the Foothills was able to add shaded and comfortable outdoor seating for patients and families, thanks to the help of Elks Lodge #518 in Nevada City. Eligible for an annual grant through the Elks National Foundation, this year the Elks Lodge chose Hospice of the Foothills as a co-recipient. Mike Blanton spearheaded the grant application process and worked jointly with Hospice of the Foothills to determine how to use the grant to best benefit patients and families.
Hospice of the Foothills is a 501(c) (3) non-profit community-supported healthcare organization that has provided end-of-life hospice and palliative care to patients and families in western Nevada County and surrounding communities for 35 years. For more information about programs and services, or to make an online donation, visit their website at http://www.hofo.org or call 530-272-5739.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- Grocery Outlet raises the bar in helping the hungry in Nevada County
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash