Elks donate patio furniture to Hospice of the Foothills
July 29, 2014
Hospice of the Foothills was able to add shaded and comfortable outdoor seating for patients and families, thanks to the help of Elks Lodge #518 in Nevada City. Eligible for an annual grant through the Elks National Foundation, this year the Elks Lodge chose Hospice of the Foothills as a co-recipient. Mike Blanton spearheaded the grant application process and worked jointly with Hospice of the Foothills to determine how to use the grant to best benefit patients and families.
Hospice of the Foothills is a 501(c) (3) non-profit community-supported healthcare organization that has provided end-of-life hospice and palliative care to patients and families in western Nevada County and surrounding communities for 35 years. For more information about programs and services, or to make an online donation, visit their website at http://www.hofo.org or call 530-272-5739.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location