Educational workshop on Proposition 218
March 31, 2014
The NID Stakeholders Group is sponsoring an educational workshop on Proposition 218, the California state law that governs the approval process for water rates.
The purpose of the workshop is to educate the public about water policy and legislation. Remleh Scherzinger, NID's general manager, will speak.
Members of the public are invited to learn more about how the Nevada Irrigation District manages the region's water resources for the community and the operation regulations NID must adhere to under California law.
The workshop will be from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on Monday in the NID board room, at 1036 West Main St. in Grass Valley. For more information, call 530-272-4595.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim