E-waste fundraiser benefits Youth Bicyclists of Nevada County
December 26, 2012
Holiday shopping has arrived, and for folks planning any new or upgrade of home electronics, computers, printers, etc, consider recycling your old items with our e-waste fundraiser. If there's is a storage room, closet, garage, shop or shed filled with items that's been waiting for an e-waste date, here's the chance to finally do it!
Through Dec. 8, Old Barn Storage is accepting e-waste. Proceeds from the fundraiser will support Youth Bicyclists of Nevada County programs for approximately 150 youths who cycle and participate in bike-related activities with organized school bike clubs, including Clear Creek School, Grass Valley Charter School, Lyman Gilmore School, Nevada Union High School, Seven Hills School and Union Hill School.
Old Barn Storage is located at 175 Spring Hill Drive in Grass Valley (pass Fed-Ex and next to Ernie's Van & Storage). Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week. Ask for Lew, who will escort you to a storage unit and put your e-waste items in boxes supplied by the SIMS Recycle Center (please, no large appliances, such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters, furnaces, etc.). For information on items that are accepted, visit http://www.ybonc.org/events/e-waste-fundraiser. Thank you for supporting Youth Bicyclists of Nevada Co. Foundation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)