E-Waste fundraiser benefits South County Chamber
August 4, 2014
A free electronic waste drive-through drop off fundraiser is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 6 at 10193 Combie Road near Lake of the Pines.
Proceeds will go to the South Nevada County Chamber of Commerce. Items, which can be dropped off free of charge, include monitors, televisions, desktop and notebook PCs, VCRs, stereo equipment, CD's, speakers, keyboards, mice, PDAs, digital cameras, zip drives, telephones, cell phones, printers, copiers, laser and multifunction scanners and fax machines, microwaves, small household appliances such as toasters, mixers, blenders and vacuum cleaners with the dust bag removed.
Items that cannot be accepted include large household appliances (i.e. refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.), furniture, hazardous household waste including batteries, car batteries, paint, pesticides, used oil, cleaning supplies, fluorescent light bulbs, water heaters, tires, etc.
For optimal security, CEAR Inc. shreds all computer hard drives. The secure facility is monitored by surveillance cameras.
For more information, call 530-268-7622
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum