E-Waste fundraiser benefits South County Chamber
August 4, 2014
A free electronic waste drive-through drop off fundraiser is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 6 at 10193 Combie Road near Lake of the Pines.
Proceeds will go to the South Nevada County Chamber of Commerce. Items, which can be dropped off free of charge, include monitors, televisions, desktop and notebook PCs, VCRs, stereo equipment, CD's, speakers, keyboards, mice, PDAs, digital cameras, zip drives, telephones, cell phones, printers, copiers, laser and multifunction scanners and fax machines, microwaves, small household appliances such as toasters, mixers, blenders and vacuum cleaners with the dust bag removed.
Items that cannot be accepted include large household appliances (i.e. refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.), furniture, hazardous household waste including batteries, car batteries, paint, pesticides, used oil, cleaning supplies, fluorescent light bulbs, water heaters, tires, etc.
For optimal security, CEAR Inc. shreds all computer hard drives. The secure facility is monitored by surveillance cameras.
For more information, call 530-268-7622
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans