DVSAC hosts 6th annual Daddy Daughter Dance Masquerade Ball
January 29, 2013
The Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition will hold its sixth annual Daddy Daughter Dance Feb. 1 at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building. Festivities begin at 6 p.m. with dancing, a live auction, food and prizes.
This event is for dads or granddads, brothers or uncles, step-dads or any other significant male role model in a girl's life. This is an extremely popular event that includes daughters and girls of all ages and attracts about 400 community members every year.
Ticket prices are intentionally kept low at $35 per couple to encourage community participation. All proceeds go to DVSAC to help build healthy relationships and end violence in Nevada County. Gayle Guest-Brown, DVSAC executive director says the purpose and ultimate result of the dance is to "provide another opportunity for girls to learn what a healthy relationship may look like with the males in their lives."
This year, DVSAC will host their first live auction at the event for the dads. Auction items will include a big screen TV and a two-night trip to Las Vegas. Raffle tickets will be on sale for several prizes that have been donated from various businesses throughout the community. Music will be provided by Mountain Event Productions, and professional photos from Patt Photography will also be available for purchase at the dance.
Buy your tickets today at BriarPatch or Premier West Bank. Tickets are also available at http://DVSAC.org or by calling 530-272-2046. If you or your business is interested in sponsoring or donating to this year's dance, please contact Gayle Guest-Brown at 530-272-2046.
The Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition has served Western Nevada County since 1978, providing crisis intervention and prevention services. DVSAC's mission is to offer resources for building healthy relationships and to work with community partners to provide services for healing the effects of interpersonal violence. To see how we work to accomplish this mission, visit our website at http://dvsac.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death