Don’t let YouTube be your child’s sex educator
September 3, 2013
A free “teleclass” designed to help parents address online sexual content with their children is scheduled from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday. Children today are swimming in sexual content. Even if they don’t use Google and YouTube as their sex educator, their friends do, and they are hearing all about it. Children need guidance when it comes to interpreting the various messages they are getting about sexuality from friends and the media.
Now more than ever, kids need their parents to feel comfortable talking about some potentially uncomfortable topics. The “teleclass” will discuss a variety of topics, including “The best age to have ‘The Talk’”; “Why the sex education we had as kids won’t cut it today”; “How to help children make good decisions around inappropriate content”; “What kids really want from their parents and how much influence they really have with their sex education.”
The “Don’t Let YouTube Be Your Child’s Sex Educator Teleclass” is free, but pre-registration is required at http://timeforthetalk.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers