Dog park needs pine needles, volunteers
November 7, 2013
Extra pine needles are needed at Dogs Run Free, the off-leash dog park in Condon Park, Grass Valley. Volunteers are needed for a work day, scheduled from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday at the dog park. In order to build up needed ground cover to avoid mud and erosion, community members are asked to bring their extra pine needles and oak leaves to the park. Volunteers in yellow shirts will be on hand to let volunteers through the service gates and help unload. Please bring your dogs, wheelbarrows, pitchforks and plastic bags for dog poop.
Bags full of pine needles can also be thrown over the fence any time.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball