Dog park needs pine needles, volunteers
November 7, 2013
Extra pine needles are needed at Dogs Run Free, the off-leash dog park in Condon Park, Grass Valley. Volunteers are needed for a work day, scheduled from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday at the dog park. In order to build up needed ground cover to avoid mud and erosion, community members are asked to bring their extra pine needles and oak leaves to the park. Volunteers in yellow shirts will be on hand to let volunteers through the service gates and help unload. Please bring your dogs, wheelbarrows, pitchforks and plastic bags for dog poop.
Bags full of pine needles can also be thrown over the fence any time.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)