Dog park needs pine needles, volunteers
November 7, 2013
Extra pine needles are needed at Dogs Run Free, the off-leash dog park in Condon Park, Grass Valley. Volunteers are needed for a work day, scheduled from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday at the dog park. In order to build up needed ground cover to avoid mud and erosion, community members are asked to bring their extra pine needles and oak leaves to the park. Volunteers in yellow shirts will be on hand to let volunteers through the service gates and help unload. Please bring your dogs, wheelbarrows, pitchforks and plastic bags for dog poop.
Bags full of pine needles can also be thrown over the fence any time.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Sierra Nevada Canoe and Kayak Club open to new members
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Collision on Highway 49 near Alta Sierra Drive injures 2, ties up traffic all day Friday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations