May 1, 2013
Photo submitted by Joy Porter Photography
The Christian Business Women of Nevada County, all members of the Tapestry Network work with two local nonprofits each month in a goal to raise $1,200 for local charities. As of April 20, they are $121 away from their year-to-date goal of $4,000. Pictured above is the group's team, "Takin' Care of Business," which participated in the Disco Bowl for Big Brothers Big Sisters. The team raised $1,158.
From left are Lynn Costa, Dawn Narvaéz, Melissa Kelley, Joan Lehman, Joy Porter, Melisa Mistler-Yates and Lorri Spencer.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball