May 1, 2013
Photo submitted by Joy Porter Photography
The Christian Business Women of Nevada County, all members of the Tapestry Network work with two local nonprofits each month in a goal to raise $1,200 for local charities. As of April 20, they are $121 away from their year-to-date goal of $4,000. Pictured above is the group's team, "Takin' Care of Business," which participated in the Disco Bowl for Big Brothers Big Sisters. The team raised $1,158.
From left are Lynn Costa, Dawn Narvaéz, Melissa Kelley, Joan Lehman, Joy Porter, Melisa Mistler-Yates and Lorri Spencer.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week